Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

The dodge mentioned is holding a p0073, intake air temp

Customer Question

The dodge mentioned is holding a p0073 , intake air temp volts too high! done circuit checks replaced one wire that was 0 continuity,,, still have the problem.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, are you following a full diagnostic chart for the code? are the things listed all that has been done and tried?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with wiring diagrams
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Just wiring diagrams? or a full flow chart showing what and how to test for the code? I am trying to gather all the information, The only way for me to help is send the flow chart and each step followed, it leads to the problem so,, have you followed each and every step following a code flowchart?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure we are going g to continue with 18, dollars for the call. I have done all the tests for resistance and voltage. Thanks placed sensor, repaired bad wiring. I do know there are other sensors on the circuit for 5 volt reference. They checked good. The common grounds checked good. Low resistance And good voltage. Next?
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

I am going to opt out, I offered to send the full flowchart to diagnose and you have not told me you followed each step and if you need the chart or not etc, and I think? you are now saying you changed the sensor so a little confused on my end.Sorry I could not help. another expert should be along soon to help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well. Not understanding why. This is a full repair shop I am a master tech for 25 years and as we all do need some help with this. All my knowledge with diesles has been limited. But I do know how to fallow a and diag electrical problem. Just this one is not responding to the normal flow chart listed for this truck. I need a diesel expert to point another direction. This is not working with conventional tests, obviously!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using a full day ostics chart!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Diagnostics chart
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

If you still need help with this concern, please post a reply and I'll do my best to help...

The first thing I need to know is that we are referring to the correct sensor circuit. Has the sensor itself been replaced? What is the location of the sensor that you are working on?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert