-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2005 dodge 3500 5.9l diesel

Customer Question

2005 dodge 3500 5.9l diesel
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

I can get the test instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a flow chart from Mitchel. The tests on all circuits have been done. With a new sensor. Temp readings are higher then actual temp and all references and grounds are good. I replaced signal wire back to pcm. It had no continuity. I have scanner data but still codes as high volts. Also found that if pcm was replaced(it was) may cause this code although code was there before new pcm! What next? Re-flash and vin I'd set again?
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Seems that you did all there is. That is all that I could imagine on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening....

Can I ask what's going on with your 2005 Ram?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello Brad, Mark here,,,
This Dodge ram has a P0073 code for intake air temp voltage high.
I have fallowed a diag. chart from Mitchel. ohm tested all wires in circuit, and found one fault with
temp signal to pcm to be open, replaced wire and still have the code.
It will not clear. The truck has a new pcm, for other problems and I have already repaired a problem with the
APPS throttle peddle. the temp code was in it from before , where do I go from here, all circuits test good for resistance, I have ground and 5 volts at pcm supply, also good grounds and volt reference to other sensors sharing the grounds and supply!
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Mark...

I see that you have checked the wiring and also replaced the PCM, but per my wiring diagrams the ECM directly controls the Intake temp sensor.. I attached the diagnostics for P0073 to help... If the sensor is new and the wiring ohms good then I would replace the ECM...

I hope this helps,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have that same diagram, if you look at engine performance diagram it shows 2 other sensors that share 5 volt and ground.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

If the wires ohm good (.001) and it has 5v and ground then I would replace the ECM..