sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My remote door unlocks stopped working some time ago. i

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** - my remote door unlocks stopped working some time ago. i replaced the batteries in both remotes and still ng. i tested the remotes at the home improvement store and they're emitting a signal. i also brought it in to the local dodge dealership and after attempting to reprogram the remotes several times, the only suggestion was to replace the CTM or computer module at $500, i said no thanks. any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: remotes do no longer unlock the doors on my 06 dodge durango
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: no rush, been this way for years :D
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what happen to the generally $18 fee? i was charged $28
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello.. has someone been assigned to my case? i thought there would be more IM dialog for my question after i submitted payment or am i just expecting email?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A 2006 Durango doesn't have a CTM, power locks and RKE were controlled by the CTM up until the body style change for 2004. The RKE receiver was then the wireless control module, power locks being controlled by the instrument cluster.

Do you have the VIN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vin for my 06 dodge durango 1D4HB48N66F147100

It's definitely a 2006 and you definitely don't have a CTM.

Your power locks and radio do work, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The issue has to be in the wireless control module then, which is what receives signal from the fobs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, can you tell me what it takes to replace that module?

The steering column shroud is removed, the module unplugged, it's single screw removed and then it's removed from the steering column and replaced. The new module is programmed to the vehicle and then the keys programmed to it before the engine will start. The repair will take about an hour.