Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  36yrs.in Auto Industry, Aamco Trans.Master..
17290852

I've got a 2009 Dodge Charger 6 cylinder and I did not turn

Customer Question

I've got a 2009 Dodge Charger 6 cylinder and I did not turn my key all the way off was not feeling well 2 days later i finally felt a little better went to go to the store an I had a completely dead battery a day later Today i hooked the battery charger up to the battery this is like 12 hours later the inside lights seem to be bright but nothing when i turn my key to start. what did I do to my car???
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 1 year ago.

Hello , sounds like you need to brain dead the computer system , just take the battery cables off & touch them together for 10 seconds or so.....replace then it should start Thanks Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That thought crossed my mind, I had an Eagle Talon it would sometimes all the sudden out of the blue just on it's own start reeving why high, never figured out it's problem but I had been shown that if I unhooked my battery I could drive another 3 to 6 months before it happening again. my issue with going ahead and doing that was because the battery was dead so i thought if it was going to reset it's self it would of already done so, but i now have learned that not the case I thank you so very much I've only had the car for a couple months now and I came across it on Craigs list it had only been posted a couple of hours and the guy who was selling said one person had already call on i then told him i wan'ted it and would be there in the morning never tested drove it so far no problems except my bad doing I've gotten lucky. my husband who is and has been out of town was not happy with me he's coming around that i didn't do a bad job picking it blindly Again thank you i'll try that hopefully that's it or i'll have to reach you again Have a nice day. Stacy

Thanks Stacy.....Good luck with the car & your Husband....lol...if we are done for now please rate my answer with you .....Take care & come back