Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2001 dodge intrepid with 49000 miles on it. When I

Customer Question

I have a 2001 dodge intrepid with 49000 miles on it. When I apply the brakes there is a pulsing in the pedal and a thumping sound which seems to be centered in the driver side brake assembly. I have replaced calipers, hoses, abs sensors and no help. The abs sensor light is not lit, and cycles normaly during start up. What could be causing the problem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 1 year ago.

Hello , Have seen this many times over the years A pulsing feeling on the brake pedal is always going to be the Rotors are Warped & you need New Ones for sure Thanks Joey

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how about the thumping sound, and it sounds like the abs pump motor kicks in also. I have brand new rotors on the front also, replaced them with the rest of the front brake equiptment. I have a hard time stopping the car when this kicks in as braking power is reduced.

ok , I'm just trying to close here .ill opt-out......someone will be with you shortly Thanks Joey

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! Different Expert here. My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. YES, usually this is caused by warped rotors. It can cause this vibration and thumping sound while braking. If you think it is the ABS motor, then disconnect it and see if this noise goes away when braking. If so, then yes, it is related to the ABS pump. If the noise does not go away, then yes, it is going to be warped rotors. You could have new waroed rotors that have been installed on the front of the vehicle or the front hubs may even be warped as well. Also, dont forget about the rear brakes as they can cause this too. Good luck!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Please let me know and I will be happy to help!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

.