sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My name is ***** *****, and i have a 2001 town&country it

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****, and i have a 2001 town&country it has multiple codes, po 443, 123, 401, 301, 420, 1294, 442, 455, 508, and 301
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes idles is low, barely runs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: before we go any further, i have changed spark plugs, wires, map sensor and egr valve
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You have at least a couple different problems going on. Some of the codes are likely being caused by a short to ground on circuits in the wiring harness at the intake. You also have an evaporative emissions leak, an issue with the purge solenoid circuit, and a failed catalytic converter.

Is the engine running poorly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the engine is running poorly

Has anything been done to try to repair it?

Did the problems start after any work that was done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not yet, yes the problem started after i replaced the fuel rail, it was leaking from the regulator, and then there was this noise seemed like it was coming from the valve cover, when i loosen the oil cap it stopped, then the van ran a little better but not like it was before.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
removed oil cap, while engine running, felt like vacuum in head. does that make sense ?

You'll have vacuum in the crankcase due to the PCV system but it should be minor. If you have excessive vacuum it could be a leaking intake gasket but the PCV valve may have gotten sucked out of the valve cover and into the hose. If it's hissing from the rear valve cover then you most likely have a PCV valve issue.

The other codes are almost surely being set by shorted wiring in the intake harness, especially if the problem started after having the fuel rail out. Take a close look at the intake harness, removing split loom if necessary, and see if any wires are melted together or missing insulation.