Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

When u get anti freeze all over a 04 sprinter motor and u

Customer Question

when u get anti freeze all over a 04 sprinter motor and u have cleaned all connections u can get to. replaced fuel and air filters. why would the turbo drop out after few seconts
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

There are several possibilities that depend on what codes are stored in the ECM...

Is the check engine light on?

Do you hear any abnormal sounds when accelerating hard just before the turbo drops out?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turbo not on when driving only when in park but we would the turbo is working until it goes to lhm mod
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Is the check engine light on? Has it been scanned for codes?

Do you hear any abnormal sounds from the turbo?

There are too many possibilities for this issue, anything that causes LHM WILL cause the turbo to not spool up, you MUST scan for codes before we can continue...

My recommendation at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can have these Codes read for FREE at your local auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you can have it scanned and we can go from there...

For now, a list of possibilities include a failed turbo resonator ( you would hear "air rushing" sounds under acceleration), cracked or broken turbo intercooler hoses, failed turbocharger, failed egr valve, one or more failed sensors including MAF, Boost pressure sensor, air intake temperature and pressure sensors, etc..

This is why we need at least a scan to see if we can narrow down the cause by obtaining the codes...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We cleared all codes and started over. We found dad connections at #1injector fixed! Egr needed cleaning fixed runs great. Thank u for your help.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Cool, I'm glad you were able to solve this problem on your own...

Remember, if you need help in the future, you can always request me through " >My Profile Page< " (Bookmark this link). Begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it.

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert