Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

Dodge dakota 2005 automatic transmission. Need to know where

Customer Question

Customer: dodge dakota 2005 automatic transmission. Need to know where solenoid pack is located. Need to check for corrosion and moisture and blow it out. Can this be done without removing pan? Where is it located? Do you have image?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not shifting. Goes into limp mode. Getting P0841 code.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: what is charge if i wait?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If checking the solenoid module doesn't fix the problem what is next? Transmission is not slipping. Worked fine until now. I crossed some deep streams with the truck, that is why i want to check for moisture in connections.
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

You have to remove the pan and then the valve body to get to the solenoid pack which is bolted to the top side of the valve body.

I am attaching the removal instructions for your reference.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thanks

Generally this code results in the solenoid pack being replaced. Start by checking the resistance of the L/R solenoid at the transmission connector to see if its out of spec.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure this is the right transmission? I was told by a tranny mechanich here that the solenoid pack on this model is on the outside and the pan does not have to be removed. So now i'm confused?

WHAt size engine does your truck have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8 cylinder 4.7 liter

Then yes that is the right transmission.