Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

When running my 2004 ram with cummings will charge 1 batt.

Customer Question

when running my 2004 ram with cummings will charge 1 batt. at 17.5 volts and the other at 11 volts but when not running they will be at about 13.2 volts can you help?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused by a connection problem in the battery cables that go between the 2 batteries, and is very common, at each battery, there are several wires on each termnals, you need to remove eack wire and clean the contacts and reinstall, can you do this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when it is doing this the gage on the dash goes the the low end of its swing. the one batt. after drivving only 20 mins. and tuned off smells like rotten egg.and then to try to start it will not and turn over very slow. Is this part of that ?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Yes, first check all the battery termonal wires and clean them, if it still does it, then one of the batteries is bad, you need to remove the cables from both batteries and have them load tested seperate to find the one that is bad,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, as this is the only way I get paid for helping, thanks in advance,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

If you need more help with this, dont hesitate to ask, and please dont forget to rate me, I dont get paid unlees you do,Thanks,Tim