Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1989 150 dodge ram truck it crank up just fine when

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 1989 150 dodge ram truck it crank up just fine when it is cold but when it reaches normal operating temp and if I turn it off and try to recrank it, it is hard to crank but once it cool off it will fire up with no problem.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: fuel pump has been replace,pressure regulator been re place gas flow is ok and no check engine light.I don't know what else I can tell you
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start with installing a fuel pressure gauge and monitoring the fuel pressure while the engine is hard to start on your new pump. Normal pressure should be 13.5 to 15.5 and hold steady on the first turn of the key. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.