jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

My 88 dodge pick up with the 5.2 liter start,s and run,s but

Customer Question

my 88 dodge pick up with the 5.2 liter start,s and run,s but act,s like it run,s out of fuel and when it does stay running if you accelerate it fall,s flat on it,s face , i have put a new fuel pump ,new filter , both throttel body injector,s ,could the problem be the pressure regulator
Category: Dodge
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

hi, if the fuel pressure is too high or for that fact too low it will cause you issues such as you have

the fuel pressure should read (the first time you turn the key to run(not crank) the pressure should read at around -5.8-7.3 PSI..

also check the vacuum hose to it and see if there is fuel coming out of the regulator when you take the vacuum hose off or if you smell or see wet fuel on the hose .

Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

If I helped you please rate me positive and we can still continue on if needed ;

this is the only way I receive credit ,,thank you ...jazzmaster .