sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

When I step on the gas of my 2007 3.8 dodge grand caravan,

Customer Question

Customer: when I step on the gas of my 2007 3.8 dodge grand caravan, it makes a very low squeling sound, when I rev the engine in neutral its not evident
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It only does it when you accelerate in drive
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the noise isn't present in neutral then I suspect you're either hearing noise from the torque converter or possibly the trans pump whining.

Does this happen when hot?

Does it slip or disengage when hot?

Have you checked the trans fluid level?

Have you checked for fault codes?