rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

When driving your vehicle and come to a stop sign and it

Customer Question

when driving your vehicle and come to a stop sign and it dies out, then try to restart it it will not start up again until it is cooled off, what part needs replaced or what is the cause of it, as the Dodge Place put a new fuel pump, tmid or something like that and a emission value so now what needs replaced.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

A common problem is a bad CRANK sensor that causes this, but It wouldn't hurt to attach a scan tool to monitor all the sensors first.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the crank sensor on a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan, am trying to learn after taking it to the locate dodge place and they have only played guessing games saying they can not get a code up and replaced the fuel pump, and tcip, I think and then a emission r. value and now as a Wife at the age of 74 and mechinacially inclined my husband is upset with the Ada Dodge Place and so am I so is it a part where we can change it at home, he is a Pharmacist and I have worked on vehicles but not those like this more the older type of fords, chevys and dodges that did not required computer issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Crank Sensor for 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan, is where. Can you send a picture of it, or help us know what it looks like as my husband is thinking of changing Dodge places from Ada,Ok to Ardmore,Ok but it is the day before thanksgiving. so felt it be wise to await until after the weekend is over with.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

I don't have my database available to me today. but the crank sensor will be on either side of the motor near the crank shaft in the front of the motor. It's a small part the size of about 3 inches or so with a 2 pin connector.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link for any additional help you may need with this issue at a later time.