Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

My dome light on my 2006 Dodge Ram will not go off I check

Customer Question

My dome light on my 2006 Dodge Ram will not go off I check the fuse still nothing and I have tried the dimmer dial nothing and my dash does not say the door Is ajar
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Is it just the one dome light that is staying on?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dome light in the center is and the two towards the front stay on
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks. The truck's instrument cluster is also the Body Control Module. It is responsible for interior lighting, and power door locks and RKE. I believe that the interior lighting circuits have failed. To prove this, remove the cluster. If the lights go off now, then you will need to replace the instrument cluster. If they stay on, then you have a pinched wire (short to ground) between the cluster and the lights.

If you need the procedure for removing the instrument cluster, let me know and I will send it to you.

I hope this helps!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? It has been a few days. Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, any luck with the truck?

Chris