camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

I have a 2007 5.7 Chrysler Aspen and its sending me a check

Customer Question

hi I have a 2007 5.7 Chrysler Aspen and its sending me a check engine light codep p0052
Category: Dodge
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

My name is ***** ***** I am a licenced diagnostic technician with over 20 years experience.

I will do my best to help you with your automotive problem. Please remember, I cannot see, hear or feel your vehicle which can make diagnosing very complicated and some vehicle require extensive diagnotics that require certain diagnostics computers that can not be done over a computer or phone.Please be patient as I am not online 24 hours a day, as I do work, but I do check my page every day.A positive rating is always appreciated for my time and knowledge to help you with your problem.

I have had this code a few times on these as well as the durango 5.7.

There are 2 problems that this code could be if you have replaced the "bank 2 sensor 1" o2 sensor already.

It is either the wiring from the 02 to the pcm or the pcm itself.

The majority have been PCM problems and I have had to replace the pcm and have it programmed.

But i have had a couple with bad wiring.

check with a multimeter continuity and resistance on each wire from the o2 to the pcm connector. you should have 0 ohms and full continutiy between each wire. IF not than you will have to chase the wire fault or run new ones.

IF the wiring is ok, than this will be a PCM issue and it will have to be replaced and flashed at the dealer (or a shop with a pcm flash computer)

this has been the majority of the problems issues unfortunatley, but i hope yours is just a wire.

Always check all fuses underhood and interior is recommended before any further diagnostics, theres nothing worse than chasing a problem for hours when its just a burnt fuse.

I have included the wiring diagrams for the circuit.

Good luck with your repair and i appreciate positive ratings!

I am always available for follow ups after intitial rating!

cam