Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

I have 2006 ram 1500, when the weather is cold and I come to

Customer Question

hello brad I have 2006 ram 1500, when the weather is cold and I come to a stop the truck will shut off if I come to a stop and put the truck in neutral it does not shut off
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, it looks like Brad is not available right now. I'd like to help you if I can. Your problem is most likely related to the throttle plate sticking in your throttle body. You have a 'fly by wire' set up and the computer opens and closes the throttle body to vary the idle speed. If the plate sticks due to varnish build up it can cause the engine to stall. It isn't as prone to do it in neutral because the load is lighter. A good thorough cleaning of the throttle body should clear up your issue.