Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

I just had my transmission built. 2001 dodge cummins 5.9 24

Customer Question

I just had my transmission built. 2001 dodge cummins 5.9 24 valve. NV 4500 transmission. We get it all back in and crank the truck and it won't change gears
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine if the problem is an electronic control issue or an internal concern the first thing you need to do is to scan the computer system and see if there are any transmission codes setting which there should be if you dealing with an electronic control issue. Scan the system and post back with the results and we can work from there.