Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 02 dodge intrepid 2.7 the car will not start the

Customer Question

Hi chris I have a 02 dodge intrepid 2.7 the car will not start the car cranks over , theirs spark, theirs fuel to injectors and only 2 of the injectors working ,checked all injectors ,good ??????? lost
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked the resistance of all injectors, and the ones that are not spraying, do they have 12 volts with key on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi when I attach my test light to either wire on fuel injectors and turn the key on, the injector turns on ,the test light comes on then turns off, when I don't have the test connected no spray from injector

Okay just to make clear how they work. The fuel injectors are supplied battery voltage at all times with key on, they are given a ground pulse by the pcm, once it sees engine rpm, if they are working only with your test light and your test light is hooked to ground well that means they are not getting pulsed by pcm. Be careful probing wires controlled by pcm with test light because when you do its just like adding another device to ckt which in many cases increases the current flow to a limit the pcm can't handle. So just to clarify is this only a few or all of the injectors that are not being pulsed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay. only 2 injectors are working when I crank over motor , facing the motor the injector on the left 1st one ,ad the injector on the right in the rear

May I ask how you know they ate working have you removed fuel rail and watching spray? Let's start by checking thr resistance of all injectors you should get around 13 to 14 ohms each, compare the ones that work to the rest, then remove the connector to every injector and check for battery voltage with key on