Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2002 durango 4.7 4wd auto. Intermittent no crank no

Customer Question

I have a 2002 durango 4.7 4wd auto. Intermittent no crank no bus issue. When problem acures the box on the prnd21 will highlight all but park and nuetral. And only seems to happen after a short drive. Like going to the gas station and shut it off and problem acures let it sit for a while and it will start and drive. P1698 codes. Lose power to 9 and 12 fuse in cab. Replaced ignition switch. I am leaning toward tcm and or pcm, but don't want to throw parts at it. Also radio flashes on and off constantly not sure if that is related. Thanks for the help.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. This problem is caused by a malfunctioning PCI bus circuit. It could be a bad TCM, PCM or another module on board the vehicle. Your best bet would be to see which module is not communicating with a scan tool when this condition occurs. Then verify the powers and grounds going into that module before replacing it.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Please let me know!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.