Dan, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Auto Diploma and Database Access
17871496

Radiator fan not working when the car idles which causes the

Customer Question

Radiator fan not working when the car idles which causes the motor to run hot. Nee
Info on the relays please
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok you have two relays in the power distribution module, a high speed and low speed. Have you checked the fuses for the fan as well? Fuse 23 (20amp) and fuse 12 (40amp)? If you have a multimeter I can tell you how to check the fan circuit. Just let me know.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking you never responded to my reply, wanted to see if you've figured out anything or if you need more help. The fan motors on these are relatively common failures. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you still need help? Did you ever get a chance to check above fuses? If so first verify black wires at radiator fan has good ground. If so jump power to yellow wire this should cause fan to come on at high speed. If good jump power to dark green wire, this should cause fan to run at low speed. If either speed doesn't work you need to replace fan assembly. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.