Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2004 Dodge Durango which had to have the fuel pump

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Dodge Durango which had to have the fuel pump replaced about a month ago. the last week the truck would crank but not start - the cam and crankshaft sensors were replaced. now the truck still will not start - there is no error code on turn key test however the cel flashes TEN times...
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! Did you still need help? Does the engine have spark when cranking it over? If so, does it run on starting fluid? I will be at work today but I will try and check in with you through out the day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay and yes I still need help. yes the engine has spark and yes it will run with fluid but not for long.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for that information. If the engine runs on starting fluid, then you could just have a bad fuel pump. I would recomend to start by checking fuel pressure first and go from there. If there is no fuel pressure when cranking it over but there is power to the fuel pump, then the pump is bad and will need to be replaced. (provided there is fuel in the tank).

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If there is fuel pressure when cranking, then you could be missing injector pulse. This is the signal to the injectors from the computer. You can check for this using a tool called a noid light. It plugs into the injector connector (after unplugging it from the injector) and it should blink as the engine is cranking over. That is how you know there is a good signal.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

However, chances are it is related to the fuel pump so I would recommend to check that first. Good luck and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Please let me know!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well hello!! You lost me for a few minutes (or um days...) my truck is still broken. I took to a mechanic who apparently is not equipped to be a mechanic ­čś│ At this point I believe that either the killswitch has been engaged or he brain is fried. I will have taken to the Dodge dealership tomorrow so I can spend lots and lots of dollars I do not have ­čśö
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for the reply! I am glad I can help! Please let me know if you have any further questions