Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I am working on a 2000 dodge ram 2500 5.9 gas. I installed

Customer Question

I am working on a 2000 dodge ram 2500 5.9 gas. I installed the drive train in an older truck and am having trouble finding a pin out chart for the engine wiring harness plug that goes into the distribution center
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! IF you send me the VIN, I can send you the pinout chart. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3b6kc26z5ym221236 for the pin out chart for the pcm plug to distribution center I would also like the pcm three plug pin outs if I can Thank you
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I will do some digging and reply back tomorrow. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You bet!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Just wanted to let you know I am still working on this. I have to work today. I may be able to post something around lucn time otherwise it will be after work tonight. Thank you for your patients.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Here is what I have for the PCM.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I will do some more digging for you for the rest of the information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you can I also need to know what each pin out is like 32=map sensor out or 24=o2 sensor input
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Here you go.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Still trying to get you the pin out chart for the power distribution center. Dodge does not make it easy to get a hold of this information. However, I will keep looking for you and reply back later tonight. Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need the distribution center harness plug as well
Thanx
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I understand.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanx
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any luck on the distribution center engine harness plug pin out?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

No not yet.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Just got home

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok no prob
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

So I put a request in to have the library get this information but I do believe they are closed. If I get something back tonight, I will post it.. otherwise it will be tomorrow. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks again
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You bet

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Is this what your looking for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I was able to find the first schematic of the dist center. here is my dilemma that plug in at the upper right hand corner is for the engine harness I am trying to use this box assy by isolating what I need to power up the asd relay fuel pump and so on however the plug is numbered but no identity of the pins I know that some of the wires are for gauges and so forth but know way to figure it out. I have traced as many as I can but it is next to impossible to do this without it. looking at the pin chart you just sent doesn't seem to completely correspond with that plug. I completely understand the difficulty in finding this I am also a ASE master certified tech in the independent field I do have access to Mitchell but no luck.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the reply. So your trying to figure out what powers up the ASD relay and fuel pump relay up? It should say that in a standard wiring diagram. Maybe it would be better if we talked on the phone..

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Here is the power distribution wiring diagram for the ASD relay and fuel pump relay.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay!! I need to know if it is a BE/BR or DR designated truck, as this was a changeover year. Once I know this I shoule be able to get you the rest of the information. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure what model how can I tell?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Is this a 2 door or a 4 door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 2 door 3/4 ton*****
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I will need to continue my research. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You bet