Roger, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Automotive Technician
88470418

2005 dodge durango 4.7 L i have this codes

Customer Question

2005 dodge durango 4.7 L i have this codes p0300,p0325,p2096,p0133, i need to pass connecticut emmission! i need help with this ! i change all 4 o2 sensors,cats and manifolds,intake gaskets looking for air leaks and nothing i still have the same codes
!!!!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! First, there's actually a TSB relating to P0133, stating the the PCM needs to be reprogrammed. P0325 is related to the knock sensor and it's circuit, have you done anything related to that code yet? Do you have access to a scan tool that shows data and not just codes? I'd like to know what the fuel trims are showing as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i didn't change the knock sensor yet! And i believe this what you ask 1/1 short term adap (%) 0.2 to - 1.8
2/1 short term adap (%) -2.5 to 4.5
1/1 long term adap (%) -10.9
2/1 long term adap (%) -0.3
Is that is no what you need tell me . I have a solus pro !!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i was in the truck checking the codes and the info you ask ! I notice the truck rpms are go up and down! From 1000 rmp to 4 or 500 rmp ! And the engine wants to stop!!
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok bank 1 seems to be running rich, which is possibly due to that pcm update, what kind of o2 sensors did you replace them with? Exhaust leaks are very common on these and cause the p2096. Now, I'm sure you've tried checking but what process did you use to check for exhaust leaks? Even a very small one will throw this code because it's rediculously sensitive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 80 gallons air compresor .i put air pressure through the tail pipe and with a spray bottle with wather and soap ! I spray all the junction, gaskets ! Looking for bubbles! And nothing
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I would take care of that rich condition first, it's possible it's leaning the mixture out when it shouldn't be causing the downstream o2 sensor to see an overly lean condition.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a new o2 sensor ! So i have to take the truck to the dealer to reprogram the ecm ? Or you suggest to try another o2 sensor and see what happens?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Because it has that TSB I would definitely have them see if it has the updated software first. Like I said, it's adjusting lean because it thinks it's running rich when it may not be because of faulty ecm software.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me find out! And i get back to you asap!!!
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok sounds good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just came back from the dealer they said is no updated for this durango
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok then you'll need to start by determining what's causing it to run rich. You could have a leaking fuel injector on that side, fuel pressure could be wrong, or you could have a bad new o2 sensor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was tinking about that ! I check the injectors with my scanner! And fuel pressure with a gauge . the injector are working fine. ,the fuel pressure engine off 55 lbs engine on 60 to 65 lbs
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The scan tool wouldn't show you if the injectors are leaking or stuck open, that's what you need to look for. Relieve the fuel pressure, hook the pressure guage up and command the pump on with the scan tool then back off and let it sit for a little while and see how much fuel pressure drops with it just sitting