rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2009 dodge 3500 6.7 diesel. I put new batteries and

Customer Question

I have a 2009 dodge 3500 6.7 diesel. I put new batteries and altenator and still won't charge. I checked the wire from the battery to the altenator with ohm meter and says ok.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The wiring is probably ok, but either the alternator is bad or the computer that controls it is not working. You should scan the computer to verify this.

Thanks, Ron