ASETech32605
ASETech32605, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner, Chief Mechanic- Repair Shop
71884037

On my 95 dodge v10 2500 i have power to both switch and

Customer Question

on my 95 dodge v10 2500 i have power to both switch and motor on the power windows but they wont go up or down what would be causing that
Category: Dodge
Expert:  ASETech32605 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** an 15 ASE certified mechanic with over 15 years experience.

The motors need power and ground to operate. When you press the down button, the switch applies power to one side of the motor, and ground to the other. If the ground does not make it to the motor, it wont work. Check for ground at the motor, and the switch. If you have power and ground at the motor, check for high resistance in the power and ground wires. Too much resistance will not allow enough power to go to the motors for them to operate. If the wires are good, and you have power and ground, the motor should operate. If it does not, the motor is bad.

If you need further information, please let me know!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im glad to be of assistance. If you require anything in the future, be sure to think of JustAnswer, and we will help you promptly.

Be sure to rate my answer(s) so I can get paid for my time. I do not get paid unless I get a positive rating.

Is there anything else I can help you with? This question will close in 24 hours, unless you need more help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------