Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

I have a 2000 Dodge Neon when it's cold outside or moisture

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Dodge Neon when it's cold outside or moisture in the air it will not start until the clicking through the relays and fuse box stop and the check engine light goes out and if the temperature is above 70 degrees it will start all the time and after its been started once it will start all the time I've replaced the battery the starter the battery cables and have checked all the grounds and everything is OK
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when this is happening I hook up an obd2 scanner to the car and it says it has no communication with the ECM once the check engine light goes out then I have communication with the ECM if I left the keys stay on until the clicking stops the car will start the problem is it will not turn over until these problems clear
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer my name is Mark.

Thank you for your question, and the amount of detail you provided. This amount of detail is what enables a thorough answer for yourself.

What you are experiencing is a PCM that is failing. temperature changes, be it cold or hot, cause the pc board to flex in different directions. If there is a flaw in the solder joints on the board, then the circuits can open under hot or cold temps.

The cure for this is a replacement PCM.

I hope that helps to answer your question, but if you need anything further please reply back to me. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks. I will try replacing it

You're very welcome!