Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2000 ram 1500 Laramie, first blending doors would shut when

Customer Question

2000 ram 1500 Laramie, first blending doors would shut when engine under stress, blower still blows but doors would not open till engine speed leveled off or coasting, could not find vacuum leak as been going on for quite some time. now I just replaced the heater core due to leak, and it seems to work except the diverter switch isn't working. I've got hot air but only coming thru defrost, not floor or cab level etc., removed dash again and blending door is free and I cant find any vacuum line pinched. ideas???
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Is the vacuum line that comes out of the firewall connected to the intake manifold? And if so, does it TEE off and go to the cruise control servo?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Also, if you do have cruise control. inspect that vacuum line closely at the servo. I have seen issues where battery acid can eat through it.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both are fine
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, do you have good vacuum at the HVAC control head?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then that narrows it down to 1 a failed HVAC control head, or 2 one of the vacuum actuators has a hole in it'd diaphgram. Get a hand held vacuum pump and test each vacuum actuator. They should all hold vacuum. If not, then replace the actuator. If they all test good, then replace the control head.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, did you see my last reply?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I have not heard back from you in a while. How is it going with the truck?

Chris