Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2005 dodge ram 2500 that will not start or crank I

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2005 dodge ram 2500 that will not start or crank I have checked the batteries and they are fine I have all working fuses I replaced all of them brand new and it still will not even turn over someone told me to bypass the neutral safety switch and it still won't crank it ran fine yesterday
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

The truck want turn over? If so we need to diagnose the starter, Get a test light and probe the small wire at starter put your test light lead to ground have an assistant attempt to crank while you probe that small wire your light should light, if it does you have a bad starter, another common practice is to hit the starter with a hammer while your assistant is attemptimg to crank. If your light doesnt light, we will look at the security system