sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

When i turn off my 2001 dodge 3/4 ton diesel trk there is a

Customer Question

when i turn off my 2001 dodge 3/4 ton diesel trk there is a humming coming from the abs brake system box. i pulled the fuse an it went off. am a woman not completely stupid but not a mechanic. what is the box called an is it hard to fix? is there a video to do it
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

The noise is coming from the ABS pump motor. The pump motor is controlled by a relay internal in the ABS module, the relay has failed and is causing the pump to run continuously. The ABS module will need to be replaced to repair the issue.

Replacing the module just involves unplugging the electrical connector and removing the four Torx screws that hold it to the hydraulic control unit, very self explanatory and it only takes a few minutes. After the new module is installed though it will need to have the pinion factor programmed with a scan tool before the speedometer will work correctly.

This is what the module itself looks like.