Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 04 Durango the FCm is bad and to replace I have

Customer Question

I have a 04 Durango the FCm is bad and to replace I have found a couple of used ones the last couple digits are different on the part are they interchangeable ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This will be a gamble using a used one. It may or may not work because the used FCM will have a different VIN number from another vehicle programmed into it. It may work, but you might have issues where certain vehicle options do not work properly. Try it but make sure that you can return it if it does not work. Your best bet is to get a new or remanufactured FCM.

I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dealership quieted me 1038 there is no other options for this part the module I didn't think was program with a vin for front control module do you kiwi
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Well when a replacement module is installed, the technician configures it to the vehicle. That can store the VIN number and security information. So like I said, try the used one and if it works, then you are goodto go. Just make sure that you can return it if it will not work

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris