Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

ON 2004 diesel sprinter...on first start up in the morning a

Customer Question

ON 2004 diesel sprinter...on first start up in the morning a start Error is indicated on the screen in the dash...after several trys the start error goes out and the engine will start...the rest of the starts during the day no broblems
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

When "Start Error" is displayed in the Cluster it means that there is a problem with the Immobilizer system. This can be caused by a faulty key, faulty receiver antenna on the key cylinder, faulty wiring for the immobilizer module, the SKREEM Module (immobilizer module) and/or the ECM.

At this time I HIGHLY recommend to have the vehicle looked at at the Dealer. I would do this ASAP as it is only a matter of time before the vehicle will not start at all. Of course this will be at the worst time.

______________________________________

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer!

Thank you!

Robert