Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I would like to know what the fusible link is. On this dodge

Customer Question

I would like to know what the fusible link is. On this dodge dynasty the wiring diagram shows fusible links on the negative side from the battery to the firewall. Rick Christensen Thank you
Category: Dodge
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

hi rick,

Im cam, ive been an automotive electonics experts for over 20 years and ill do my best to help you out!

im trying to understand the question a little better.

I have the wiring diagram for your car and im looking at the battery, power and ground distribution.

There are no fusible links on the grounds at all in the diagram.

I dont think i have ever seen a fusible link in a ground before!?

chrysler uses some black wires with fusible links in them for the 12v feed (which i wish they wouldnt use black for power) some times people mistake these wires for ground because there black.

I am including my wiring diagram i have of your car. have a look and compare to yours. you will see in mine there are no fusible links on the ground system. and there honestly shouldnt be. grounds need to be strong and solid.

if you have your wiring diagram, id like to see that too, so i can understand your concern a little better.

Ill be online for a little longer, but i will be back on tommorow after work if i dont get to you tonight.

thankscam