Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 1996 Ram 3500 with 46/47re transmission. I just

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Ram 3500 with 46/47re transmission. I just finished an oil pan gasket / tappet cover gasket replacement. Engine is fine now - no leaks. However, transmission will not go into any gear. Fluid level is correct and the only thing I did to trans other than pull it out (for pan gasket) was to change the filter / replacement fluid. I have check all the removed electrical connections to the transmission. Looking for guidance from here.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to give you sound advise based on the information you provide. If the check engine light is not on that rules out any electric issues, i would drop the transmission pan and double check the filter. It may have fallen or i have seen the pump suck the filter element up which will restrict fluid and cause this concern. Please let me know what you find. Good luck and let me know if you need anymore assistance, if not then please rate my service.