Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

I have a 07 dodge charger 2.7 v6 with a code p0137 o2 sensor

Customer Question

hi i have a 07 dodge charger 2.7 v6 with a code p0137 o2 sensor bank one sensor 2. i replaced the drivers side second o2 sensor with a mopar sensor and the code came back on a week later need help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

You likely have either a bad PCM or wiring issue. Its easy enough to determine which.

1. Check voltage at the C1 connector, pin 31 at the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). If it's below 4-5 volts, cut this wire near the PCM in a spot that can be repaired again later. Turn the key on and check the voltage on the wire coming from the PCM. Normally it is 4-5 volts, if the voltage is still low, then it is a PCM failure. Be aware that the PCM is has an 8 year, 80,000 mile warranty. The replacement PCM comes blank and needs to be flashed.

2. If the voltage is normal, then there is a wiring problem between the PCM and the sensor. Repair as needed or run a new wire.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the pcm on this car under the hood or inside the car ? And are you able to show me the connector view with the terminals numbered ? And the color of the wire ? Also the car has a aftermarket short ram intake could this cause this code ?

The PCM is under the passenger side wiper cowl cover. C1 is the upper connector. I am attaching a pinout.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok great now let's say I test voltage at the pcm and it's low let's say 3 volts can I unplug the o2 sensor and test the wire there so I don't have to cut anything? So let's say I get 3 volts at the o2 sensor connector that would prove the wire is good all the way threw and the pcm is bad correct ?

No. If the wire is shorted somewhere between the PCM and the sensor it will drag down the voltage for the whole length of the wire. The only way to rule the PCM good or bad and distinguish it from a shorted wire in between is to isolate the PCM and the wire away from each other and see which side the short is on. If you cut the wire and the voltage returns at the PCM then the short is in the wiring. If not the PCM is shorted internally.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so let's say I cut the wire and rule that the pcm is good if I piggy back the cut wire at the pcm and run a new wire to the o2 sensor which wire at the o2 sensor would I tap into ?

The dark blue/yellow wire. Sorry I just seen I missed one of your questions too. The short ram intake is not at fault unless you somehow damaged wiring installing it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont worry about it it's no problem ok so I think I got it. If the wire is bad I cut the yellow one at the pcm and I run a wire to the o2 sensors blue/yellow wire correct ?

The wire is dark blue/yellow on both ends but otherwise you are correct.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok great thanks a lot I'm going to take a look at the car tomorrow and I will let you know what I find

Sounds good. Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which side is bank 1 on this car ?