-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2015 Ram 3500 6m7 cummins. Only 66000 miles on it.

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Ram 3500 6m7 cummins. Only 66000 miles on it. Truck keeps loosing power and going in a limp mode. Been seen dealer 4 times about this issue. Check engine light on. Code: Air leak between MAF and throutle. Dealer changed EGR valve, ram ok for 300 miles. Next time MAF sensor, third time again MAF sensor assuming the last sensor was faulty. Still same thing. Sometimes I drive for 100 miles, not problem, the limp mode, stop, turn truck off for 15 minutes, if lucky I'll go for another 100 miles before it goes to lump mode, if not 5 miles.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

I'm a 18 yr Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership technician and I will be assisting you...

Do you know what P codes are setting? Is it P2280?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p2280
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

I ask because I have just repaired one and I will tell you how... The problem is the new "Ram Air" in the passenger fender is collapsed and will need to be replaced.. I attached a bulletin on the issues.. read over it and have the technician follow it since it's under warranty and this should get you fixed up..

Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brad, I am sorry the code was P2281, not 2280
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

The bulletin I attached also applies to the P2281. The set condition for the P2281 is this:

• The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the actual flow is less than the estimated flow by a calibrated value or when the system is unable to meet flow commands under high load.

If the RamAir is clogged it will reduce the amount of airflow. Do you know if the ECM/PCM has been updated to the latest software? I would have the technician check the RamAir and see what he finds..

Glad I could help,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the positive rating,

Brad