Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I have a 2004 Dodge Status SXT Coupe, with 4 cylinder, auto,

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Dodge Status SXT Coupe, with 4 cylinder, auto, low miles. It had been sitting for a long time and the battery was dead. When I hooked up a battery charger to the battery, the lights started flashing, the horn started beeping-- whats up?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin the alarm has gone off becaus the system was locked when it was parked the best thing to do is fit new battery when starting car alarm will stop

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did NOT correct the problem. New battery installed, and the horn beeped/lights flashed immediately and would not stop.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok and starting car ,locking and unlocking didnt stop it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The whole problem was that I didn't have a battery for the remote, I needed an answer that would let me work on the car until I could get one. No luck. And I knew it wasn't the battery (less than two years old), I'd already tried to do a "reset" by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting-- didn't work. Had to break down, stop repairing the car, go to the store get a 2023 3v battery for the remote, then the "unlock" worked as it should-- and stopped the alarm. No short cuts seem to work...
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok glad your all sorted