Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I need a definitive answer on whether a topper from a 2007

Customer Question

I need a definitive answer on whether a topper from a 2007 ram mega cab 2500 with the 6'4" box fit a 2001 quad cab with the 6'4" box
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Since both are the same length you should be in good shape.. 2001-2013 have the same 6'5 beds you just want to make sure the length's are the same for long bed and short bed...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually your not correct at all Brad. It depends on what year, what cab style and even if it is a 1500, 2500 or 3500. And actually the cab height also needs to be figured in for a good fit. I depended on a knowledgeable source since I was driving 600 miles to purchase one. It fits the box but is taller than the cab- so I won't plan on asking such a intricate and technical question again on this site. I should have just used the money spent on a not well researched (expert) answer for fuel.