sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2003 DODGE DURRANGO START THE TRUCK AND THE SERVICELIGHT

Customer Question

2003 DODGE DURRANGO START THE TRUCK AND THE SERVICE*****LIGHT COME ON AND AFTER YOU DRIVE A FEW MINUTES THE SECURITY LIGHT COMES ON. LIGHT ON THE 4 WHEEL SWITCH DOES NOT COME ON AND THE DOORS WON'T LOCK. IF I HOOK UP A SCANNER THE SECURITY SYSTEM WILL NOT COMMUNICATE AND THERE ARE NO CODES IN THE TRANSFER CASE. IF I UNPLUG THE BODY MODULE FOR 10 SECONDS AND START THE TRUCK EVERYTHING WORKS FINE UNTIL I SHUT THE TRUCK OFF. HELP
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The issue is in the central timer module, which I'm assuming is what you're replacing. The CM control many f the electrical features on the truck including waking up the transfer case module, the reason it's warning light is coming on is the CTM isn't waking it up. CTM problems would often go away temporarily with a battery disconnect or unplugging the module itself as you found. The CTM will and to be replaced to repair your issues.