Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 96 Dodge diesel power problems. I have replaced the

Customer Question

Hey Jerry, I have a 96 Dodge diesel power problems. I have replaced the throttle cable, and the turbocharger. It still wants to bog down around 30 mph and can't seem to get it over 60 mph.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, It seems I have to lift the pedal and back off some for the transmission to change gears. Tranny rebuilt 6 months ago. Valves adjusted. Slack pulled off of throttle cable. It does run smooth....
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

..

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

.

.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.