sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2005 Ram 2500. one headlight works on bright the

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2005 Ram 2500. one headlight works on bright the other on dim, tail lights work, one brake light works, 1 out of 4 blinkers work. I have replaced bulbs, Multi-Function switch (with new) and Front Control Module also new....
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The issue is in the integrated power module and is caused by a poor or lost power feed to the FCM. What happens is corrosion on the IPM circuit board will cause voltage drop or an open circuit between the FCM power feed fuses and the FCM.

Remove the FCM and take a look at the terminals, you'll find the terminals on the ends are numbered. Find pins 2, 3, 6, and 7 and then their mates on the IPM. Use an incandescent test light or a headlamp bulb and jumper wires (preferred) to test these power feeds, you should find at least one is missing or lights the bulb dimly. If fuses are good and a power feed is missing then the issue is in the IPM, if one or more power feeds are weak then the problem is also internal.