Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I am unable to find the blower motor resistor on my 2000

Customer Question

I am unable to find the blower motor resistor on my 2000 dodge dakota quad cab, it not under the dash on passenger side near blower motor, nee the correct schematic and it's not in the engine compartment> need the correct schmatic (sp).
Category: Dodge
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Please look at the attachment and let me know if this answers your question. If not, I will try to find something better explaining it's location. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fv8m162apdcwwmy/res.pdf?dl=0

Here is a picture

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9npbh9z0dr00p9/dakota.jpg?dl=0

• Please be aware that any money you have paid is in a deposit account here on JustAnswer
  • and has not been paid to me. I do not get credit until you are ready to rate me at or above
  • 3 stars (I try for all 5 stars) If you do not feel as though you are able to rate me at or
  • above 3 star,please let me know and I will do everything I can to assist you until you are
  • satisfied. Please do not resort to leaving a negative rating. Follow ups are always free.
  • Thank you for allowing me to help you with your automotive concerns.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, so one image shows the resistor inside the cab as in image#2 the other show it in the engine compartment I have taken apart the dash and nothing and removed the cover around the windhield wiper as in image #1 and nothing, still not what i'm looking for

It is located in the dash plenum inside the truck. Not under the hood

You have looked in the location picture number 2 shows it, and it's not there?

This is all I have. picture 2 shows the factory location. If it's not there then I have no clue where somebody else would have installed it at a later date. I will opt out in case somebody else knows. Sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no worries, still not there and have removed the entire dashboard, thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, between the passenger side wiper shaft and the right side fender is an access hole in the cowl plenum. You cannot see the resistor, but you can feel it when you reach in thru there. You will feel 2 bolts about 3" apart and the the harness connector between them. Using either 1/4" ratchet set or stubby wrench, remove the 2 screws by feel, pull it up and outward until you can reach it with both hands to disconnect the harness connector to it and then pull it out of access hole.