Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Have '94 ram250. 2nd time in shop. 1st mechanic couldnt get

Customer Question

Have '94 ram250. 2nd time in shop for rebuild. 1st mechanic couldnt get it. Took it back 6 times. Finally gave up, took to other shop. This guy replaced all parts including bell housing. Says electric problem. I replaced fuel inj control module 2 months ago w part from rockauto. He thinks its faulty part. Does that module affect trans? Its drives fine for awhile then starts shifting funny when its not supposed to
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online land saw your question.

Ok, first, what size engine?

Second, does the check engine light come on and if so, what are the fault codes?

Third, please describe the shifting issue in more detail - is it shifting late, shifting harsh, dropping out of overdrive, downshifting late or early or harshly?

Please remember that I am not there to inspect it or test drive it, therefore I rely on you to provide as much information as possible. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5.2ltr.- drives fine for limited time then downshifts from overdrive. Then resumes correct gear changes again. The mechanics have it so i dont remember the check eng lights. Can check on monday bur he dropped the transmission again so not sure.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, this sounds like a problem with the governor pressure sensor and solenoid at the valve body, or the torque converter clutch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im going to see my mechanic today tuesday after work & pass pn info. Did you mention a specific sensor to check ? Thx, jamee
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Yes, he needs to check the governor pressure sensor and governor pressure solenoids. They are bolted to the bottom of the valve body in the transmission

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took your diagnosis to my mechanic. He says he checked those things & is convinced it's electrical. I have an electical diagnostic specialist coming in town next week. He sats he'll look at it. Id like to keep the case open til then. I will gladly pay the $28 fee. Thx
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

That would make it either in the wiring harness or the ecm, but we dont see either happen that much on this vehicle. And please do keep me posted