Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Have a 2003 Dodge Ram 4.7 with 178K. It cranks but wont

Customer Question

Have a 2003 Dodge Ram 4.7 with 178K. It cranks but wont start. I just replaced the cam sensor and crank sensor. Fuses are good, it has fuel to the rails and also spark.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Does the engine start and run on starting fluid? Are there any codes in the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not tried starting fluid currently do not have any at home, yesterday it shut off and only codes that it threw were for cam position sensor and crank position sensor, replaced both and it is not throwing any codes in the computer but it still does not start
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if the engine has spark, then it better run on starting fluid if you disable the fuel system. IF it does not, the engine is either flooded or out of time. It is as simple as that.