Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2009 dodge avenger with a knock in the front end. I

Customer Question

I have a 2009 dodge avenger with a knock in the front end.
I have to drive the car about 15 to 20 minutes before the knock starts.
I had the front end checked out and was told the ball joints and tie rod ends
were all in spec.
Could it be the rack and pinion.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. YES, the rack and pinion can inf act be bad causing this noise. However, before the rack is replaced, I would recommend to check other things. For example, the sway bar and links, the shocks/struts and strut mounts and the control arm bushings. They are are very common and would go bad making this noise before the rack and pinion. However, yes, if everything I mentioned checks out good, then replace the rack and pinion as a last resort.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I can help! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. It has been a pleasure working with you. Please let me know if you have any further questions!