sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 95 dodge cummins. the guy I got it from had a gear

Customer Question

I have a 95 dodge cummins. the guy I got it from had a gear reducer istalled for towing, I turned it on o see if it worked and now I cant get it to disengage. so now when I hit the gas the rpms go up but it accelerates extremely slowly. I don't know why
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There may be a failure in the unit, either mechanical or electrical if it's electronically controlled, or it's possible that a certain shift procedure needs to be followed that you're not aware of.

I'd really need to know the brand and model of the unit to begin to determine what is going on. Do you know the brand and model?