Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Hope all is well with you, I requested you since the last

Customer Question

Hello Chris, Hope all is well with you, I requested you since the last time you were really able to help me honestly and what you recommended is exactly what was wrong , Well Yes my timing belt and valves were bent and that was fixed it cost 1794.00 ouch.....
and after I got it out the malfunction light came on and I took it back and they could find nothing wrong, well 3 times I took it back and nothing to say the least its still on. I found out through Auto Advance the code is P0441 from the emission leak or so
but they said not to worry it won't stall out. But now after 2 months of spending 1800.00 last week as I was driving I went to make a turn to the right and the wheel locked and it wouldn't turn left or right ? it was drivable but I didn't drive it and had
to call AAA for a tow, well the drive belt was gone... I took it in to another repair shop and they said it was the belt tensioner and they had to also replace the 2 drive belts costing me 470.00 for the belt tensioner and 19.50 ea belt plus 220.00 for labor
a total of 754.00 now couldn't understand why belt was so much the belt tensioner, they said and showed me it was the entire plate that had burned off the belt and fell off ? well ok. finally brought it home last night and guess what.... now it feels like
it won't change gears and goes from40 t0 20 mph and fluctuate and feels like its stuck on a gear, it has never ever done this don't know what to do now ?? Please HELP...... just spend 2500.00 total for this 2005 Dodge Neon on all this work.... why is it feel
like its stuck?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome back! Sorry about all of your problems with the PT. This current problem sounds like a transmission solenoid or sensor issue. Have a shop or the auto parts store read the codes from the transmission control module (not the engine control module). Once you know the code(s), tell me what it is and I will guide you from there.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much Chris will take it in now to see about the codes then will reply back to you as soon..
Evelyn
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good Evelyn!

Chris