sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have an 02" dodge caravan sport. The bottom brake lights

Customer Question

I have an 02" dodge caravan sport. The bottom brake lights will no come on, the top light, runnings lights, all of that works great. I did replace a fuse and I put in a new brake light switch with no change? What can I do to fix this?
Thank you!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The issue could be in the circuit board on each of the lamp housings, it could be an open circuit between the integrated power module and each lamp, there could be an open circuit internally in the integrated power module, or the front control module may not be powering the lamps. If they aren't being powered it could be an internal FCM failure or a short to ground on the circuit. If the FCM sees high current draw it will disable a circuit; if the circuit is shorted then power couldn't be applied anyway.

Do you have a test light?