Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

05 Dakota, security light stays on, can't move gear shift,

Customer Question

05 Dakota, security light stays on, can't move gear shift, but if I remove + batt cable I can operate gear shift, do I need to reset security system and how do I do that, also RKE does't work and lock fuse is good, thanks Tom
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

The security system does not effect the shifter, so that is a different issue to blame on the shifter. Do the brake lights work when pressed? Will the engine start?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.