rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Interior lights do not work on 2009 dodge Caravan,

Customer Question

Interior lights do not work on 2009 dodge Caravan, everything else works except the dome lights and the interior halo lights on the SXt model. Somethimes they will pop on and i hit the dimmer switch and they turn off. What could be the problem?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.

I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a "positive rating" in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why "in advance", so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

This actually sounds like a bad connection or bad ground somewhere with that intermittent problem. Check all your connectors and grounds.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Were should i check for the bad connection?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

You will see wiring harnesses that travel through the doors and up the pillars on both sides of the front doors. Sometimes it may be necessary to remove part of the ceiling panel too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
couald it be the Ctm
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

It could be, but it can also be something that doesn't cost you a cent like a bad connection.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me:)