Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2007 Dodge Durango 3.7 l my o2 bank 2 sensor 1 is

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Dodge Durango 3.7 l my o2 bank 2 sensor 1 is bad how do I get to the disconnect of the sensor it seems on top of the transmission
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. That is a tough one to get to I know. What I do is to get a pair of really long needle nose pliers and grab the O2 sensor wiring then pull the connector down where I can then get to it and disconnect it. Sometimes I have to cut the retainer that holds the connector to the bracket or other harnaess, then you can pull the connector down and off of the top of the transmission. When I install and connect the new O2 sensor, I secure it to another harness with a ZIP tie.

This works, but you do need some patience.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I do that from the wheel well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pull towards the old sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked underneath I see the connector for sensor 2 but can't see the sensor 1 connector
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

I get it from under the vehicle.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even if I disconnect the connector from underneath I have to pull threw the wheel well how do I feed it back threw the wheel well to over the transmission to reconnect it.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Well you can get a length of wire and tie it to the old O2 sensor's connector and pull it through the wheel well. Then tie the wire to the new one and feed it back that way. That should work,

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris